Tuesday 17 May 2011

Going, Going...

In what is probably going to be my penultimate post, I’d like to start off with a bit of a rant. Now it’s not very often that I have a dig at SI, in fact this may even be the first time ever, but I was not happy last week when they took another £4.99 out of my bank account to continue playing the game. The reply I got from support…

“Actually, according to our records, the latest payments were taken before the beginning of the final season. This explains why you were billed.”

So, probably my fault, but I was under the assumption that anyone with an active, rolling sub, would automatically play for free until the end. As it turns out, if a payment was due before your final season started, then they would still take the payment, and then extend your sub until the end from then. In that case, your not actually getting anything for free, as you’re still paying for that final season. Particularly annoying is the fact that Lemerre’s final season is just 6 days long, finishing on 22nd May. So I’ve paid £4.99 to play the game for 6 days. If I’d have known, I would have cancelled my sub as soon as they made the announcement of closure. You know what they say about assumptions being the mother of all fuck ups…

Anyway, on to this last 6 day season. Not a lot can be done inside 6 days that is going to keep the game world active and playing live, but the mods have done a good job at trying. What we are having, is a World Cup season. All participants have restarted during the off season, and been given £50m + to build a squad for their selected nation. All nations are assigned based on numbers, 32 nations each given a number.

Choosing number 18, I was given Ivory Coast. So with a huge transfer budget, and with the mods willing to release players from inactive teams and remove and unretire players from the returning stars list, I’d like to think I have built a fairly decent squad. Equipped with the likes of Drogba and the Toure brothers I’m going to give it a good bash, and although there are better teams out there, more importantly I, along with the rest of the game world, are having fun.

More screenshots to follow on the other pages here, but after a final goodbye I think I will be closing this blog and concentrating on my footballing one. Expect that on or shortly after Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment