Friday 15 April 2011

Armageddon

14.8%

That is the percentage of my life that I have spent in Lemerre, not to mention pre reset. What on earth am I going to do with that extra 14% of life that I will gain as of the end of May? Take up a hobby maybe?

I can't say I am completely surprised though. A little of out the blue as it was, the lack of activity from the people that matter over recent months suggested one of two things. Either - as Mr Spartacus (sorry I don't know your real name) said here - they were about to announce something big, the introduction of International management maybe, or they were going to announce the end. Unfortunately for everyone involved with Football Manager Live, Mr Spartacus was wrong and we are staring at the death of such an addictive game.

It's almost upsetting, that a game that I have given up so much time to over the past few years is about to end. Almost every night i would come home from work and stick the game on, slowly falling out with the FM series as the Live version took over. I'm going to miss the community big time, all the people I've met over the time I've spent playing. All the friends, all the foes. If reset was bad enough, this time it's going to be a killer.

It's disappointing to see so many people hell bent on causing trouble during this final month. Yes, a lot of us are upset, but talk of suing SI and going to the papers about "how badly" we've all been treated is maybe a bit too much. Also some of the names I've seen members use under the same breath as SI are quite appalling. I think if anything we should be congratulating SI for creating such a game that has left us addicted for such a long time. Yes it's had it's problems, but what game doesn't?

I'd like to sign this post off with a comment I heard from one of Lemerre's trouble makers, a statement that I half agreed with: "FML has always had a JP reading of 5*, but a current ability rating of 2*"

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that it's over so soon but I think SI would agree with the CA of 2. It was very early in the life of FMLive, once touted as a game to follow the trend that CM set in the early days.

    Early nights for me for a while? :D

    ReplyDelete